Home > Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer

Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Beaufort SC

nursing injury lawyer

The last thing you want to worry about when leaving your parents, grandparents or disabled loved ones in the care of a facility such as a nursing home, home care situation, or hospital is if they will be treated appropriately.

All too often, nursing home residents become victims of neglect and abuse. Sometimes it even leads to premature death. Sadly, many of these victims are incapable of making others aware of what they are enduring, or they are too afraid to do so.


Information is Essential
As people live longer, their medical and financial issues become more complex and involved. There is now a larger group of older persons in America today than ever before, and with that comes a growing group of concerned loved ones.

Elder abuse may arise from psychological, physical, or financial mistreatment. This could involve abuse, neglect, abandonment, or any treatment resulting in physical harm, mental suffering, or deprivation of necessities or essential services. This mistreatment could be at the hands of an institution such as a nursing home, or home care facility, or while under the care of a guardian or family member.

If you suspect that a family member or loved one is suffering or has suffered neglect or abuse in a nursing home, H. Grady Brown Law Firm will work to obtain compensation for their pain and suffering. We remain strong advocates for victims of elder abuse and other negligent and intentional actions.

Signs of nursing home abuse can include:
• Unexplained bruises, cuts, burns, sprains, etc.
• Bedsores or frozen joints
• Dehydration
• Sudden changes in behavior
• Staff refusing/delaying visitation
• Staff not allowing resident to be alone with visitor
• Sudden large withdrawals from bank accounts
• Abrupt changes in will or other financial documents
• Slips and falls
• Medication errors
• Odd behavior (fidgeting, rocking, nail biting, etc.)
• Uncharacteristic emotional outbursts or withdrawal

Communication is the key. If you notice any of these signs, speak with your loved one about what is happening.

Contact us
If you feel there might be a situation of abuse, please contact The Law Offices of H. Grady Brown at (843) 379-3900. We can inform you of how we may be able to stop the abuse or neglect, and also avenues for not only seeking compensation for the loved one's suffering, but also ensuring it doesn't happened to anyone else in the future. Consultation is always free.